Monday, September 08, 2008

Personal Horoscope and Biorhythms Experience

Personal horoscope and biorhythms experience

I subscribe to a daily horoscope and biorhythm thingie. Now, mind you, I don't put 100% stock into such things. For the most part, I just like to see how applicable they are. I have found that oftentimes, horoscopes especially are worded in such a way that they can apply to anyone at any given time. Like going to a charlatan palm reader, and she says "You will meet someone new." Well, if you go to work, or go to the store, or anywhere for that matter, you will meet someone new. Or if they say "You are troubled over something."

Well, who isn't? I know, I know. Not all of them are hucksters. Do people have the gift of predicting the future? I happen to beleive not. There are, however, people who can more easily "read" a person. Body language, general moods, things like that. Basically, just discernment. Again, these are just my personal beliefs. No offense to yours. Well, anyway, today my horoscope is full of warnings, and my biorhythm puts me at a critical low.

As it happens, it seems to be fairly accurate today. I do feel low. Blue, sad, whatever you wish to call it. At least, though, I do feel that sadness is necessary. People who claim to be happy all the time are hiding something, for it is impossible, in my opinion, to confine yourself to any one single emotion on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate my life or anything. I am in generally good health, I have a place to live, food and electricity, I do have a job, and a paid for vehicle with over a half a tank of gas. So, I don't have it as bad as many. Like the people who honestly don't know how they are going to have their next meal. My heart goes out to people like that. In that perspective, my life really isn't bad at all. However, that doesn't change the fact I am down.

I can be thankful and down at the same time. Being thankful does not change the fact that there are still things I want. Like her. It always comes back to her. There are so many things I want to say to her, and when I get the chance, I squander it away on crap like politics, daily goings on, etc. I have yet to speak with my heart, and that bothers me a bit. For one thing, I always question the timing. I like to be careful about certain things. Talking to women is one of them. There is a fine line between finally saying what you need to say, and saying too much, thus crossing into creepy status. Oh, I'll go around in circles for a year, looking for that opportune moment that might not ever come.

It's funny, because I usually don't hesitate to tell someone what I think or feel. It all comes down to choosing your battles. With the heated state of politics these days, I find it better to stay mostly quiet. I have several friends who are quick to say "This candidate sucks! Any who support him are fooling themselves!" Just don't disagree with them. Then they will focus their fanatacism on you. They will even go so far as to call you a fool, or unAmerican for having a different opinion.

Sorry, but I thought that that was one of the things this country was founded on in the first place. So many of us are closed minded, while calling ourselves open minded at the same time. "I am open minded, it just so happens that what you think is wrong." That seems to be the feel for a lot of this. Let me make this clear: Your beliefs are not wrong, and neither are mine. They just disagree. Thank you.

Found at alunsmusings.blogspot.com

No comments: